Now I am done with the installation of the masking film, which was no easy task to do solo. If you click on the pic to enlarge, you will see some ripples with the film and places I had to cut to get it to fit better, but this will have no bearing on the outcome.
The next steps I did not photograph, but I put a layer of Prime Etch on, followed by Wunda Size.
Now it was time to apply the Tamise' flakes, which is not so easy on a vertical surface. I found the best way was to just pinch some flakes between my fingers, and press it onto the sizing. I filled in the design about 85%, then added some of the imitation gold leaf I used for the border. Here you see it in the unburnished state.
The homeowner dropped off some take out for me to take home for dinner!
I wanted her to have a little sneak peek of what it will look like, so I completed one small section and peeled off the masking film, so when she came home, she'd have a nice surprise.