I used some black mica flakes for the girls hair. To adhere, I used some sizing, let tack up for a bit, then just liberally sprinkled the area with the mica. Later, I brushed the loose flakes away. This was messy and not the best idea to do near areas that I had already foiled, as flakes stuck to that too, and I had to pick them out. Note to self, I'd apply the mica flakes before I began any foiling.
I've had this jar of mica flakes for months now, just waiting to use some. A little goes a long way, so I will probably have this jar until I'm 90!
I pulled out all my smallest patterened stencils and applied them to all the various sashes. I shaded and highlighted the fabrics.
The hands and facial details were kept very, very simple because I wanted the focus to be on the clothing. I struggled with the positioning of one of the hands, so ended up taking a pic of myself with my hand in the position I was trying to draw. I look quite intent, don't I?!
Here is a close up of my Umbrella Girl.
Far shot, trying to fit her in the whole frame.
Girl with Fan.
Close up of Hat Girl.
Close up of bottom panels. If you are not noticing in the pics, I glued on a lot of fairly tiny Swarovski crystals.
Finally, installed in the client's Master Bedroom! I won't tell you how long it took me to put these 3 panels together correctly! They have piano hinges with a bizzillion screws.
This pic shows the screen against the wall I had previously done in this room.
Well, I'm kind of sad to see my girls go, but the good news is I have a second, identical size and shape screen to do for this client. This time the theme will be Women from the 1930's. These screens are very fun to do, so I'm excited to begin the research on this next one.More on that later.