Yikes, I see I have not posted in a few weeks! I will have to do a little updating to bring you up to the current job I am now working on. But... before I do that, I need to post about the 2 previous jobs.
A while ago, Susan and I did this silver leafed ceiling. I returned recently to do a silver finish on 2 built-ins in this room and to repair the ceiling, which was damaged when these built-ins were installed.
Here are the two sets of built-ins, completed.
This was the reference page I was working from. The cabinets were wood and primed white when I first arrived. My client wanted them to look metallic, but not as dark as the photo, with a raised star design.
After I did the silver finish, I cut out a star stencil and trowel on some silver tinted plaster.
Here's a little closer look at the upper doors.
And here is a close up of the star. I was really happy (and so was my client!) with the way the built-ins turned out. I'm really loving this room with the deep, eggplant walls, white trim, and silver ceiling and built-ins. I can't wait to see this room all pulled together with the lighting and furniture. It will be quite elegant!
The big disappointment was the ceiling repair. Whoever came in to plaster, did a terrible job and all of their mistakes came shining through when I tried to leaf it to repair. :-( The original ceiling has a slight texture and the new plaster was very smooth and also poorly done. You could see a deep line where the new and old plaster met, as well as some gouges. I tried to fill in some of the gouges and the line, but it needs to be replastered.
It may not look too bad in this photo, but trust me... when you enter the room, your eye immediately goes to the edge above both cabinets where it's been "fixed". I'll return again after the plaster is redone.